HeifetzPEG is looking for some energetic and committed staffers for our 2018 summer season. Details about our current needs are as follows:
Approximate dates of employment will be June 20 – August 12, 2018. If you’re interested in the summer job of a lifetime, please email General Manager, Jennifer Roe, with your resume and cover letter, and be sure to indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line or body of the email. Note: Certain positions will require you to be 21 or over and have a valid driver’s license.
HeifetzPEG Resident Assistant (RA)
Positions Available: 4
Duration: 06/20/2018 – 07/14/2018 (Session I) & 07/14/2018 – 08/12/2018 (Session II)
Contract pay, housing, and meals are provided
The HeifetzPEG RAs will serve as program leaders as students ages 8 – 13 navigate their classes, extracurricular activities, and living arrangements.
Heifetz Institute Resident Assistants are individuals who exhibit strong leadership capabilities, social and emotional intelligence, and good communication skills. RAs are required to live on campus for the duration of the summer, and will act as both resource and role model to students attending the summer program.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing campus for student arrivals; assisting with student registration
- Attending staff meetings and holding weekly meetings in their residence hall
- Being available to answer students’ questions and assist with problem solving
- Responding to emergencies and crises that may arise, notably by contacting the appropriate personnel (i.e. campus security, Director of Student Life, etc.)
- Exhibiting knowledge of the resources available to students both on and off campus
- Having awareness of students’ medical conditions and needs
- Assisting in running student evaluations at the beginning and end of the Institute
- Stepping into a variety of roles during Heifetz Institute concerts and events (i.e. usher, stage hand, front of house, etc.)
- Covering shifts in the Institute gift shop, as needed
- Accompanying students on off-campus excursions; organizing activities for the students on your hall
- Assisting with the set-up and breakdown of the Institute
- Other duties as assigned
- 21 years and older preferred; must have a valid driver’s license
- A background in Student Life/Housing a plus
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and with Apple computers
- Interest in or experience with classical music a plus
- Must be willing and able to learn a wide range of skills, and think on one’s feet when under pressure
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs, some physical labor may be required
If you’re interested in the summer job of a lifetime, please email General Manager, Jennifer Roe, with your resume and cover letter, and be sure to indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line or body of the email.