The HeifetzPEG 2020 Program
Session I: June 21 – July 10, 2020
Session II: July 12 – July 31, 2020
A maximum of 32 students will be enrolled in each session, through an online application process (including video-recorded audition performances) beginning November, 2020. Students born AFTER April 1, 2006 will be eligible for HeifetzPEG. Older students should apply to the Heifetz Institute (click here).
- World–renowned faculty from such institutions as The Juilliard School, New England Conservatory, and the Manhattan School of Music with special expertise in teaching exceptional young musicians. 2020 Faculty will be announced shortly.
- Two 50-minute private lessons per week
- Two chamber music coachings per week
- One studio performance class per week
- A dedicated and customized Heifetz Performance and Communication Training© program (see below)
- Public performance opportunities each week
- Final public concerts exclusively for HeifetzPEG students
- Participation in master classes, seminars, and other functions presented by the renowned faculty of the Heifetz Institute six-week summer program
- Full access to all concerts and all other public functions presented by the Heifetz International Music Institute
- Industry-leading HD audio and video recordings of auditions and performances
- Nationwide Heifetz On Tour concert opportunities throughout the year for alumni
- Preferred enrollment in the Mary Baldwin University full-year PEG program, with continued study opportunities with Heifetz Institute faculty.
HeifetzPEG Performance and Communication Training©
The Heifetz Institute was founded by Founder & Artistic Director Daniel Heifetz upon the revolutionary educational concept that young musicians can be taught to communicate the emotion of music, beyond mere technical agility and beautiful playing. Thus, in addition to the intensity (and fun!) of the overall program, each HeifetzPEG student will participate in a series of 50-minute-per-day classes in the following areas, in custom-tailored modules taught by veteran actors, dancers, opera singers, pop and blues musicians, entertainment, exercise and healthcare professionals.