HeifetzPEG is looking for some energetic and committed staffers for our 2020 summer season. Details about our current needs are as follows:
Approximate dates of employment will be June 18 – August 2, 2019. (See session dates, below, if applying to work only one of the two sessions.) To apply, please email HeifetzPEG Program Director, Ana Abrantes (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter.
Positions Available: 5
Duration: 06/18/2020 – 07/12/2020 (Session I) & 07/12/2020 – 08/2/2020 (Session II)
Compensation: contract pay, housing, and dining hall meals
HeifetzPEG Counselors serve as program leaders for gifted students ages 9 – 13 as they navigate their way through lessons, rehearsals, practice time, communication classes, extracurricular activities, and dorm and campus life.
HeifetzPEG Counselors require abundant energy, positive attitudes, and must be able to think on their feet. They possess strong leadership capabilities, exhibit well developed social and emotional skill, and are excellent communicators. Counselors are required to live on campus for the duration of the session(s), and will act as both resource and role model to students attending the summer program.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing campus for student arrivals; assisting with student registration and welcoming students and their families
- Participating in and leading orientation activities
- Communicating with parents when appropriate
- Working as a team to ensure the safety and well-being of HeifetzPEG students at all times
- Being available to answer students’ questions and assist them with day-to-day problem solving
- Responding to any situation that may arise, notably by involving appropriate personnel (i.e. campus security, Program Director, etc.)
- Exhibiting knowledge of the resources available to students both on and off campus
- Being aware and mindful of students’ medical conditions and needs
- Assisting in running student assessments at the beginning and end of the Institute
- Accompanying students both on and off campus (meals, group classes, concerts; excursions)
- Organizing activities for the students on your hall
- Assisting with the set-up and breakdown of the Institute
- Other duties as assigned
- 21 years and older preferred; must have a valid driver’s license
- A background in Student Life/Housing a plus
- Prior experience working with/teaching youth/young musicians
- Competency with Microsoft Office products and Google Apps
- Interest in or experience with classical music a plus
- Must be willing and able to learn a wide range of skills, and think on one’s feet when under pressure
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs, some physical labor may be required
To apply, please email HeifetzPEG Program Director, Ana Abrantes (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter.